It’s now mid November and do you know what that means? Christmas emails have started to trickle into our inboxes.
And for good reason too, because the holiday season is the perfect time to email your customers with sales, offers or even well wishes.
In fact Myer jumped the gun and sent out their first Christmas email in mid-September (maybe too soon, Myer).
I wanted to offer my top 5 tips for Christmas emails so that you can get cracking with your holiday promotions.
1. Send your subscribers some Christmas cheer
Christmas is a great time to touch base with your subscribers and thank them for their support over the year. We have just released a series of holiday email templates which are a great place to start!
2. Create an email marketing calendar
During the holiday season businesses often ramp up their email activity to take advantage of this peak shopping period. Create a calendar to keep track of when and what you’ll be emailing your customers. Keep it handy to remove any last minute panics.
3. Provide cut off dates for delivery
>Now this one applies as we get closer to the big day. Your customers want to know when the last date is that they can order online and still receive your goods in time, so start including this information in your emails during December.
4. Get ready for the boxing day sales – schedule your sends
The last thing you want to be thinking about over Christmas is sending out emails! So plan ahead of time and schedule your emails to be sent automatically on the appropriate dates.
5. Offer a gift with purchase to convince customers to buy
Everyone loves something for nothing! Why not get into the festive spirit and reward customers who buy from you during the Christmas period with a gift or free shipping?
There you have it, 5 ideas to make your Christmas email better so time to get cracking.
This year we have released a selection of brand new Christmas templates for you to use in addition to a bunch of new stock images. The new holiday templates also include some animated cards to add that extra element of delight. Below is a selection of the new templates.
You can find the new templates by clicking on new message and selecting the new ‘seasonal’ template category.
We also have a range of new free stock images for you to use so start getting creative! You will find these images in the Files and Images Manager Stock Images folder. To find all the Christmas images quickly just start typing Christmas in the search bar.
Login to start using the new templates. Don’t have an account? Sign-up free and start sending in minutes.
Happy holidays from the team here at Vision6.
An autoresponder is an email or SMS that is triggered in response to a customer’s action, such as a ‘welcome email’ in response to a newsletter sign up. Autoresponders are often under used especially considering they can receive a higher response rate than regular emails.
Why use autoresponders?
- Typically receive a higher response rate than regular emails
- Saves you countless hours on manual tasks
- They’re great at engaging your audience at the right time
Want to learn more about why autoresponders are so great. Check out the top 5 reasons to use autoresponders.
Upgrades to autoresponders include:
- Popular pre-built autoresponders which are now available in your account. They’re super easy to customise and you can find them under the new automation tab.
- A much, much simpler interface where it is really easy to create your own autoresponder such event reminders, thank you and happy birthday emails.
- A new menu item for all your automation tools making it much easier to find.
If you have any feedback on autoresponders let us know. We love hearing from our customers on how we can make the product better.
Customer Service Manager