A healthy list is an email marketer’s best friend. But it’s not something you can easily grow overnight, let alone turn these leads into satisfied customers. That’s why we’re here to help you generate more leads with email marketing so that you have even more chances of converting new customers. Here are 5 different tactics (including examples and ideas) to supercharge your lead generation campaigns.
1. Offer lead magnets with gated content
Gated content is one of the most common inbound marketing tactics that B2B companies use to generate leads. The first step is to research and create content that your target audience will find valuable enough to exchange their contact information for. Then you’ll need to create an opt-in form to gather their data and create a list to send your premium content to. You can easily set this up with automation and use it as an opportunity to put these contacts into a lead nurturing email campaign.
You can promote your gated content in a number of ways:
- On your website — including on your blog, homepage, landing pages, or service pages.
- In your emails — include it in your email newsletters, promotional emails or even add it to your email signature.
- Paid social ads — create promotions on platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn to retarget website visitors or generate new leads.
Want to learn more about the different types of lead nurture emails? Check out our blog on how to create lead nurturing emails that convert.
2. Referral programs
Your existing customers are your biggest source of ongoing revenue. In fact, 65% of small business commerce comes from their existing customers. This is why building brand loyalty is so important, no matter the type or size of your business. Referral programs are an effective way to utilise your brand loyalty and turn it into advocacy.
Here’s a few ways you can email for your referral programs:
- As part of your ecommerce automations — ask customers to share their purchase on social media, send their friends a referral code, or offer a discount on their next order if they refer a friend.
- A referral campaign — run an email promotion for your referral program, targeting your existing customers and offering things like reward points, giveaways, and discounts to encourage your subscribers to refer your brand to friends and family.
- Within thank you emails — if you ask your customers or clients to leave a review or testimonial as part of your onboarding series, you can also promote your referral program to help generate new leads.
- As part of your retargeting strategy — re-engage your inactive leads by offering a referral incentive which will not only bring in new leads but encourage return customers.
3. Contest & giveaways
One of the quickest ways to generate new leads is by running a contest or giveaway. Most contests have a conversion rate of around 34%, which is much higher than other types of lead generation tactics. Whether you run it on social media, your website, in your emails, or even in-store, people will be more likely to give up personal information if they could win something in return.
If you want to make sure you’re drawing quality leads then use these contests or giveaways to promote your own products and services. Some great contests ideas include:
- An email giveaway campaign before the release of a new product range.
- A contest in your newsletter to win a free service trial.
- Email nurture campaign for your next event, with a competition to win free tickets.
Learn more about competition emails here: 8 Things All Great Competition Emails Have In Common.
4. Leverage your website forms
Your website forms are one of your best email lead generation tools. They are perfect for turning website visitors into leads and can be added to any page you want. You can easily create Vision6 forms to collect almost any type of information you need. Any new subscriber will automatically be added to your email database, creating a ready-made list of leads for your email marketing.
When you’re gathering lead data, you’ll need to make sure you get express or inferred permissions to add their details to your subscriber lists. This will ensure that you are following anti-spam laws and can add these subscribers to your lead nurturing campaigns. The easiest way to do this is to add a consent field where they can select to subscribe to your news and promotional content.
Think about generating leads using some (or all) of these forms:
- Contact forms
- Checkout or sign-up forms
- Newsletter subscriber forms
- Gated content forms
- Giveaway forms
- QR codes
5. Leverage your socials
There are now 4.48 billion people using social media worldwide. Social media has well and truly proven itself as an effective tool to increase brand awareness, reach new audiences, and generate leads.
But how can you leverage your socials for lead generation? There are a number of ways that you can drive traffic to your website, grow your lists, and bring in new leads. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Encourage people to engage with your social media accounts by including links to share in your emails.
- Use posts, stories, tweets to promote your newsletter and share engaging content to entice your followers to sign up.
- Use your email marketing lists to create Facebook Lookalike Audiences and Custom Audiences for retargeting. This will help you capture quality leads and reach your audience when they aren’t in their inbox.
- Paid ads — Use things like Facebook Lead Ads to generate leads within the platform and feed them into your email marketing lists, or targeted LinkedIn campaigns to reach interested business professionals.
- Use Messenger autoresponders to make it easier for interested prospects to engage with you, receive information quickly and sign up to your newsletters.
Want to include these in your next lead generation campaign? Get started by creating a free Vision6 trial account today!