Don’t be rude! Welcome new subscribers the right way
Welcome emails are like digital handshakes with new subscribers. And nobody likes a wet, cold handshake!
So get your email relationship off on the right foot by sending welcome emails that offer subscribers an informative, rewarding greeting.
A good welcome email should:
- Be personal. If you’ve asked for a first name at the point of subscription, use it.
- Advise how to update details or unsubscribe.
- Specifically thank the new subscriber. Remember, they’ve just invited you into their inbox which is no small deal.
- Remind subscribers what content you’ll be sending and how often you’ll be sending it.
- Remind subscribers of the benefits your emails have to offer them.
- Include a simple request to add you to their safe sender list or email address book. This helps overcome issues with mailbox filters and image blocking in most email clients.
Bonus Tip: To really get your email relationship off on the right foot, include something a little extra in your welcome email as a reward. Apart from monetary rewards like vouchers and discounts, things like helpful tips and access to exclusive resources are equally as effective. It doesn’t have to be big or expensive, but as long as rewards are unexpected and valuable they’ll capture people’s interest and help keep you top of mind for when your next email arrives to their inbox.
Want some great examples of welcome emails? Check out this blog post for 3 ways to make a fantastic first impression with welcome emails.
How are you greeting your new subscribers? Don’t undo all your hard work in attracting new subscribers by giving them a wet, cold handshake (or worse… none at all).
P.S. Learn how to automatically trigger a welcome email to your new subscribers using Vision6 by watching this short in system demo.