Are you the Easter bunny?
Holidays can present a real dilemma to email marketers. Do you put in the effort to prepare and schedule an email so it goes out over the break or wait until people are back at work?
Before going ahead with a holiday send, put yourself into the shoes of your audience.
Will what you are sending be enough to tear them away from a big pile of chocolate or will it just be thrown away when they get back to work along with the bin full of tinfoil?
Here are some points to take into consideration:
- Is your message timely and/or relevant to the holiday?
- Are you able to offer a seasonal incentive?
- Does your audience receive your emails for personal or professional reasons?
- If your audience receives you message for professional reasons is I likely to be lost in the post Easter email clean-up?
- Is your audience likely to be checking their personal or professional email address over the break?
So are you the Easter bunny for your audience? If so finish you email and schedule it before you go on holidays.
On the other hand if your email is likely to be thrown out with the tinfoil it may be a good idea to prepare it now but hold off on sending it until your audience is back at work.
From all the team at Vision6 we wish you a safe and happy holiday.